Print This Page
September 2019 (Join me in celebrating the debut of “East Bay Cooks”):
- Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at East Bay Booksellers in Oakland for a talk, signing and taste with yours truly and Executive Chef Ari Odense of Berkeley’s Claremont Club & Spa; and John Beaver, co-owner of Oaktown Spice Shop in Emeryville and Oakland. This is a free event.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Orinda Books in Orinda for a “Literary Luncheon” featuring samples of ensalada de col prepared by Chef Paul Canales of Oakland’s Duende, and moong dal by Chef Amod Chopra of Berkeley’s Viks Chaat & Market. This is a ticketed event. Price is $40 per person and includes a copy of “East Bay Cooks.”
- Friday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Omnivore Books in San Francisco for a talk, signing and tastes with yours truly, Pastry Chef-Owner Emily Buysse of Oakland’s Batch Pastries, and Pastry Chef-Owner Karen Cordeiro of Old Towne Danville Bakery. This is a free event.
- Saturday, Sept. 14 at 1 p.m. at Macy’s Union Square in San Francisco for a signing, cooking demo and tastes with Co-Chefs and Co-Owners Paul Manousos and Jacob Alioto of Alameda’s East End. This is a free event.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Books, Inc. in Berkeley for a talk, signing and tastes with Owners Aaron and Monica Rocchino of Berkeley’s The Local Butcher Shop, and Owner Daphne Knowles of Oakland’s À Côté. This is a free event.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Local Kitchen in San Francisco for a signing with Chef Nora Haron. Enjoy a tasting of laksa shooters, black rice porridge balls, beef rendang puffs, and more for $35 per person. Books will be available for purchase and signing for a separate price. Tickets available here.
- Thursday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. at A Great Good Place for Books in Oakland’s Montclair neighborhood for tastes and a signing with Emily Buysse of Oakland’s Batch Pastries. This is a free event.
- Saturday, Sept. 21 at 2 p.m. at Macy’s Valley Fair Men’s & Home store in Santa Clara for a signing, cooking demo, and tastes with Owner Rana Kapoor of the Bay Area’s Curry Up Now. This is a free event.
- Sunday, Sept. 22 at 2 p.m. at Bloomingdale’s culinary kitchen (lower concourse level) in San Francisco for the “Big Bloomingdale’s Cooking Show,” featuring chef demos with Paul Canales of Oakland’s Duende, Melissa Axelrod of Oakland’s Mockingbird, and Denise Huynh of Tay Ho Oakland. My cookbooks will be available for sale and signing. Tickets to the event are $25, but will be credited towards any purchase at the store in the form of a Bloomindale’s gift card that will be given out when you arrive for the event. RSVP to the event here.
- Saturday, Sept. 28 at 5 p.m. at Tamarindo Antojeria Mexicana in Oakland for a signing with Chef-Owner Gloria Dominguez, whose recipes are included in the book. Purchase a copy of the cookbook for $32.99 and receive a ticket for complimentary appetizers, a taste of the shrimp aquachile (featured in the cookbook), and a surprise dessert.
- Friday, Oct. 4 at 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Napa Bookmine in Napa for “Cookbook Happy Hour,” a signing with Chef Francis Hogan of Pleasanton’s Sabio on Main, and Chef Loren Goodwin of Oakland’s The Gastropig, along with wine and light bites. Tickets are $32.99. Cookbooks sold separately. RSVP here.
- Thursday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for breakfast and a panel discussion on “Trending in House & Garden: Joyful Living” at Gamble Garden in Palo Alto. Tickets are $125. Yours truly will be on the panel, and have cookbooks available for purchase.
- Saturday, Oct. 12 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at alaMar Kitchen & Bar in Oakland. Purchase a copy of the cookbook and enjoy complimentary noshes. Yours truly will be on hand to sign books with Chef-Owner Nelson German. Look for appearances from other “East Bay Cooks” chefs, too, including Lev Delany and Chris Pastena of Oakland’s Chop Bar, Jen Biesty of Oakland’s Shakewell, Gloria Dominguez of Oakland’s Tamarindo Antojeria Mexicana, and Silvia and Cory McCollow of Oakland’s Nido.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Foreign Cinema in San Francisco for the Bakers Dozen event, “Recipe Roundtable: Creating, Testing, Writing and More,” a panel discussion with yours truly and recipe developer Rosemary Mark. The program includes a three-course lunch. Tickets are $75 for non-members; $55 for members. Cookbooks will be available for purchase and signing.
- Saturday, Nov. 2 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Chop Bar in Oakland, where I’ll be signing copies of the cookbook with Chef-Owners Lev Delany and Chris Pastena. Look for a few other chefs from the book to swing by, too, including Dave and May Wassem of Oakland’s Grand Lake Kitchen, Nelson German of Oakland’s alaMar Kitchen & Bar, Daphne Knowles of Oakland’s A Cote, Jenni and Seth Bregman of Oakland’s Bardo Lounge & Supper Club, and Rob Holt of Oakland’s Marzano.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at H.L. Peninsula Restaurant in South San Francisco for the “Flavors of San Francisco: An Evening With the Masters” gala dinner for the American Liver Foundation. Enjoy a multi-course dinner, live auction, cooking demo, and panel session with yours truly and Chef Martin Yan. Tickets are $300. My cookbooks will be for sale, with 10 percent of proceeds going to the American Liver Foundation.
- Saturday, Nov. 30 at 10:30 a.m. for a cooking demo at the Ferry Building farmers market in San Francisco with Chef-Owners Dave and May Wasem of Oakland’s Grand Lake Kitchen; and noon with Chef-Owner Nelson German of Oakland’s alaMar Kitchen & Bar. This is a free event. Get a jump on your holiday gift-giving, as cookbooks will be available for purchase and signing at Book Passage, just steps away from the demo area. More info here.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Grand Lake Kitchen (Dimond neighborhood location), 2042 MacArthur Blvd. in Oakland. I’ll be joining Chef Dave Wasem, and his wife and co-owner May Wasem, for a book-signing.
- Sunday, Jan. 26, 2020 through Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020 for Sessions V and VI of Chefs’ Holidays at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite. Cookbooks will be available for purchase and signing. More details to come…