Mark Your Calendars For My Upcoming “East Bay Cooks” Cookbook Events
Drum roll please: In just about a month, my new cookbook, “East Bay Cooks: Signature Recipes from the Best Restaurants, Bars, and Bakeries” (Figure 1), will debut.
The book is a salute to 41 top establishments in the East Bay, with a spotlight on their intriguing stories and delectable recipes. I hope you’ll join me in the celebration of this cool new cookbook at one of the many fun events planned, including signings, lunches, dinners, and a whole lot more.
You may have noticed a new link at the top of my Food Gal site, “Personal Appearances.”
Click on it, and you’ll find a list of all the upcoming events for the cookbook. Please check back regularly, as I’ll be updating it with more events to come.
View this post on Instagram
What arrived in the mail today — the first advance copy of my new cookbook, “East Bay Cooks”!!! @figure1publishing #eastbaycooks More stunning looking than I ever could have imagined. Preorders available on Amazon. The book debuts Sept. 10. Thanks with all my heart to all the chefs involved (the full shipment of books coming in the next month or two to the chefs), and to @evakolenko and @ruleandlevelstudio And please pardon the weird angle of the video — LOL. #eastbay #cookbook @a16rockridge @acoterestaurant @alamaroakland @bardo_oakland @barrancokitchen @batchpastries @belcampomeatco @berkeleysocialclub @bridgesdanville @oaklandchopbar @componerefinecatering @curryupnow @duendeoakland @duendeoakland @eastendalameda @thegastropig @gatherberkeley @grandlakekitchen @hutchkitchenandbar @lamarchaberkeley @limewoodbarandrestaurant @claremonthotel @thelocalbutchershop @marzanorestaurant @millenniumrestaurant @mockingbirdoakland @nido510 @noodle_theory @oaktownspice @oldtownedanvillebakery @pizzaantica @sabiopleasanton @shakewelloakland @tamarindo468 @tayhooakland @vikschaat @amodchopra @nora_haron @walnutcreekyachtclub @wente @thewolfoakland @woodtavern #getcooking #recipes #chefs #restaurants #bayarea #besteats #gethungry
I can’t wait to personally sign a book to each and every one of you.
Meanwhile, check out what’s in store so far:
- Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at East Bay Booksellers in Oakland for a talk, signing and taste with yours truly and Executive Chef Ari Odense of Berkeley’s Claremont Club & Spa; and John Beaver, co-owner of Oaktown Spice Shop in Emeryville and Oakland. This is a free event.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Orinda Books in Orinda for a “Literary Luncheon” featuring samples of ensalada de col prepared by Chef Paul Canales of Oakland’s Duende, and moong dal by Chef Amod Chopra of Berkeley’s Viks Chaat & Market. This is a ticketed event. Price is $40 per person and includes a copy of “East Bay Cooks.”
- Friday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Omnivore Books in San Francisco for a talk, signing and tastes with yours truly, Pastry Chef-Owner Emily Buysse of Oakland’s Batch Pastries, and Pastry Chef-Owner Karen Cordeiro of Old Towne Danville Bakery. This is a free event.
- Saturday, Sept. 14 at 1 p.m. at Macy’s Union Square in San Francisco for a signing, cooking demo and tastes with Co-Chefs and Co-Owners Paul Manousos and Jacob Alioto of Alameda’s East End. This is a free event.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Books, Inc. in Berkeley for a talk, signing and tastes with Owners Aaron and Monica Rocchino of Berkeley’s The Local Butcher Shop, and Owner Daphne Knowles of Oakland’s À Côté. This is a free event.
- Saturday, Sept. 21 at 2 p.m. at Macy’s Valley Fair Men’s & Home store in Santa Clara for a signing, cooking demo, and tastes with Owner Rana Kapoor of the Bay Area’s Curry Up Now. This is a free event.
- Sunday, Sept. 22 at 2 p.m. at Bloomingdale’s culinary kitchen (lower concourse level) in San Francisco for the “Big Bloomingdale’s Cooking Show,” featuring chef demos with Paul Canales of Oakland’s Duende, Melissa Axelrod of Oakland’s Mockingbird, and Denise Huynh of Tay Ho Oakland. My cookbooks will be available for sale and signing. This is a free event.