Join Yours Truly At Holiday reFresh 2021
Mark your calendar for 4 p.m. Nov. 7, when I’ll be one of the moderators for this year’s virtual Holiday reFresh, which brings together a stellar roster of Bay Area chefs for conversations and cooking demos centered on plant-based celebratory dishes for the upcoming holidays.
This free event, which is open to the public, is brought to you by Acterra, a Palo Alto non-profit dedicated to supporting a healthy planet.
Join us as we host an incredible line-up of chefs, including:
- Martin Yan, the pioneering force behind TV’s “Yan Can Cook,” the now-shuttered M.Y. China restaurant in San Francisco, and tireless champion of Asian cuisines and cultures.
- Kenny Annis, restaurateur and vegan chef of South San Francisco’s Sky Cafe.
- Shruti Boddu, founder of the vegan home bakery, Shru’s Kitchen.
- Alicia Casas, a South Bay educator and founder of Jaguar Baker, a vegan bakery that specializes in Mexican pan dulce.
- Crystal Wahpepah, a member of the Kickapoo nation of Oklahoma who was raised in Oakland and now operates the Oakland-based Wahpepah’s Kitchen.
- Fetlework Tefferi, the Ethiopian-born owner of Cafe Colucci and Brundo Spice Company, both in Oakland.
You’ll get to ask questions, too, as the chefs give tips and advice on ways to add more plant-based dishes to your diet, which in turn, helps diminish greenhouse gases.
Please register for the event, which takes place on the platform Hopin, here.